Have you ever had an "ah-ha" moment when you realized that a piece of technology could make your life better or help you get things done faster? Did you show friends or family about this cool new thing and relish their excitement? How would you like to be part of a team creating that sort of innovation? At Trumpet, we create technology for small and medium-sized businesses that people can’t help but "trumpet" about. If that sounds like the kind of environment where you would thrive, keep reading!
Warning: Trumpet isn’t for everyone. You will push yourself, make your mark, and engage with your teammates in an open and honest way. You will celebrate your mistakes, and work hard to figure out how to help Trumpet get better.
Trumpet is looking for a Customer Support Specialist for our Phoenix-area office to provide workflow advice, training, and technical support for our custom software and processes used by professional service firms – specifically, financial advisory firms and law offices.
If you have a strong Windows-based software background and enjoy working with clients to improve their business, we would like to talk with you.
What you need for this position:
- A passion for solving puzzles and learning how things work
- Stellar client service skills, including strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to interact effectively with both non-technical users and highly technical users
- Extreme comfort working with multiple software systems
- Ability to quickly learn new applications and “figure things out” without dedicated training (Trumpet has excellent internal training and certification processes, but Trumpet Support Specialists are frequently called on to evaluate and integrate with software we have never seen before)
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks
- A hunger for making things more efficient - we are looking for someone who enjoys initiating change
- Superior listening skills with the ability to pick up on verbal queues during group sessions
- Excellent follow-through with minimal management
- Ideally, 3-5 years of experience with Microsoft Windows-based PCs (certifications are not required – we will be much more interested in your ability to figure things out as you go)
You are probably NOT someone who:
- Is uncomfortable on the phone
- Prefers face-to-face interaction with clients (all of our work is done over the phone and via email)
- Doesn’t like taking ownership of a responsibility / a project / the customer experience
- Works best with a lot of guidance and direction
- Prefers work to flow to you smoothly
- Needs to check Instagram every hour – you won’t have time for that!
- Is uncomfortable celebrating and sharing mistakes
What does this position entail?
Trumpet’s support team is not just a software “help desk.” Trumpet Support Specialists engage in deep puzzle solving not necessarily related to our products themselves. While some cases simply involve providing instruction or directing the user to documentation, the majority of cases involve critical thinking and problem-solving skills. You’ll also lead training sessions, to teach firms how to use and make the most of our software. In a nutshell, although it may sound like we’re looking for someone to fill a technical support position, we consider this a customer service role for someone with technical skills.
As a Trumpet Customer Support Specialist, you will:
- Provide exceptional support to end users
- Respond to e-mail and telephone support requests
- Remotely connect to users’ computers, determine minimal use-case to recreate issue, solve issue if possible or provide concise details to development for further analysis and resolution
- Use deductive problem-solving skills to investigate and solve a broad range of puzzles each day
- Improve Trumpet’s products and processes
- Analyze each project to determine if any software changes could be made to enhance the client experience
- Update and create online knowledge base articles to reduce support requests
- Work with development to make Trumpet’s software more intuitive, easier to deploy and easier to support
- Help test fixes provided by development and incorporate them into client sites
- Provide training to end users
- Assist clients in customizing software to work for their unique needs
- Train users on various software applications in small groups and in one-on-one settings
- Help the Trumpet sales team
- Provide pre-sales technical support as needed
- Recognize end-users’ need for additional products and services
What's in it for you?At Trumpet, we believe in finding harmony between work and play. We are a team of hard-working, fun-loving people that truly care about each other. Here are some of the ways that we live this value:
- We offer a competitive salary plus quarterly bonus.
- We offer group medical insurance and an IRA retirement plan with employer match.
- We do puzzles, we throw monkeys, we keep the fridge stocked with yummy treats and we nerd out on cool new technology. We also enjoy quarterly team fun days. Help us plan our next event!
- We provide an unlimited vacation policy and generous paid holiday schedule.
- We believe in transparency – we participate in open-book accounting and we empower all team members to take part in the strategic planning process.
- We provide consistent opportunities for growth, both professionally and personally. In fact, we already know what the next “level” for this position entails!
- We care about our community. We are an active Kiva lender, with loans funded in 44 countries and counting. We also love finding different ways to give back to the local Phoenix community via our annual day of giving.
- We celebrate mistakes and promote deep problem solving.
- We have a family-friendly environment and encourage team members to set a work schedule that is best for them.
- Relaxed dress code! 🚫👔
How to Apply
Fill out the form below and we will contact you with next steps. Note: Only .pdfs will be accepted as part of the application. Please be sure your resume and cover letter are in .pdf format.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Please, no phone inquiries. Thank you!