- Are you passionate about the art and science of software and automation development?
- Do you love automating IT or mundane tasks to make your life easier and because it’s fun?
- Would you rather spend 4 hours automating a 45-minute task (so you’ll never have to spend those 45 minutes again)? Are you even more interested in the appreciation that comes from doing this for other peoples’ tasks?
- Do you believe in the dev-ops philosophy of excellence through automation?
- Is your current job giving you the space to really live the above?
- Are you tired of “the grind” and working on the same activities or with the same technology every day?
- Are you looking for work-life harmony?
- Do you wish you could work with a team where you will feel valued for advocating for growth and be empowered to make your vision a reality?
If that sounds like you, keep reading!
At Trumpet, we create technology and automation for small and medium-sized businesses that people can’t help but “trumpet” about. Here, your opinion not only counts, but is expected. You will work closely with a talented team that is passionate about liberating people from unfulfilling work tasks.
Trumpet serves health care facilities across the country to help them enjoy the way they work, and to care for their patients more effectively. Every year, health care providers spend massive amounts of time on their computers instead of with their patients. We are on the frontline of turning that around, and you can be too.
In your new role at Trumpet
You will be creating amazing automation solutions for clients that will save them hundreds (and sometimes thousands) of hours per year. You will work directly with clients and internal teammates to implement new projects while also providing long-term maintenance for existing client projects.
You will have 3 key responsibilities:
- Collaborate with teammates to design and create amazing client experiences – work closely with your team to navigate each custom project and how we can deliver stable, elegant solutions quickly while delighting our clients.
- Make a real difference to peoples’ work lives - work closely with clients and internal resources to solve real-world business challenges by building and maintaining elegant automation.
- Continue building the well-oiled automation development machine – improve your department’s processes and systems that we use to build, deploy, and support custom automation solutions to promote stability and scale.
The ideal candidate
- Believes deeply in creating an amazing experience for their customers.
- Is an exceptional problem solver.
- Prioritizes automation over daily work, but is willing to do the daily work until it can be automated.
- Thinks deeply about root cause when things break, and doesn’t settle for band-aid solutions.
- Likes learning new things and is not afraid of digging into things they don’t already know.
- Enjoys collaboration and teaching others to “fish” – the last thing you want is your users dependent on you!
- Wants to deliver the entire solutions for each project.
- Is continually looking for ways to monitor and improve the health of the solutions they maintain.
- Is excited about the opportunity to have a huge impact by working with a smaller team.
- Is excited about well-designed and efficient code.
- Has experience consuming APIs.
- Has familiarity with SQL.
- Understands the components of a web page and knows the basics of the DOM for training bots to find and interact with elements, CSS, and XPATH selectors.
- Appreciates standard development practices and incident management for existing automations.
- Has experience with scripting languages such as PowerShell or Python.
- RPA development experience is a plus.
Who you are not
- Someone who prefers to work alone and avoids collaboration.
- Someone who is okay putting band-aids on problems.
- Someone who struggles with managing their calendar.
- Someone who struggles to finish the last 10% of a project.
- Someone who wants to work in a large development department or organization.
What you'll be working on
You will work directly with clients and internal teammates to implement new projects while also providing long-term maintenance for existing client projects. You will work with Trumpet’s Solution Architects to understand the vision of a project, then co-create project plans to deliver on the vision and help the client achieve their workflow goals. Throughout the project, you’ll perform large chunks of work independently, while consistently updating internal teammates and engaging the client through frequent updates and demos of progress to deliver a Trumpet Class Experience.
Your work will include:
- Develop, and test automation workflows using RPA software, mainly ElectroNeek.
- Deploy automation and RPA specific components including bots, development tools, and logging tools, scripting, SQL, and REST APIs
- Create internal documentation to allow for redundant support.
- Develop end-to-end solutions that include the bot automation, monitoring and telemetry information, and express the output of your design using data visualization such as Power BI or Office Automation.
- Work with Solution Architects, Business Analysts, Scrum Masters, QA Analysts, Product Owners, and other cross-functional roles to define and deliver impactful projects.
- Work directly with client stakeholders to capture business requirements and translate them into technical approaches and designs that can be implemented.
- Provide input on process design.
- Collaborate with the client and internal development team members to ensure proper implementation and integration of the solutions.
- Help the Customer Success team with support items that require developer involvement.
- Stay informed of the latest technology, product features, and enhancements and educate your internal team on what you learn.
Your first three months
- Within 30 days, you will learn how to build RPA bots by replicating an existing in-house bot from one RPA platform to a different one.
- Within 60 days, you will complete your onboarding curriculum plan and co-implement a client automation project with our RPA development team.
- Within 90 days, you will implement a client automation project solo.
What's in it for you?
At Trumpet, we believe in finding harmony between work and play. We are a team of hard-working, fun-loving people that truly care about each other. Here are some of the ways that we live this value:
- We offer a competitive salary plus quarterly bonus.
- We offer group medical insurance and an IRA retirement plan with employer match.
- We do puzzles, we throw monkeys, we keep the fridge stocked with yummy treats and we nerd out on cool new technology. We also enjoy quarterly team fun days. Help us plan our next event!
- We provide an unlimited vacation policy and generous paid holiday schedule.
- We believe in transparency – we participate in open-book accounting, and we empower all team members to take part in the strategic planning process.
- We provide consistent opportunities for growth and coaching, both professionally and personally.
- We care about our community. We are an active Kiva lender, with loans funded in over 60 countries and counting. We also love finding different ways to give back to the local Phoenix community via our annual day of giving, plus paid volunteer day.
- We are committed to creating impactful experiences for ourselves and our customers. We are proud of the Trumpet Class Service we provide, and our customer NPS (Net Promoter Score) reflects this commitment.
- We celebrate mistakes and promote deep problem solving.
- We have a family-friendly environment and encourage team members to set a work schedule that is best for them.
- Relaxed dress code! 🚫👔
- We are proud to be certified as a 100% Great Place to Work®! Learn more here: https://www.greatplacetowork.com/certified-company/7012667